Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mock Interview Reflection

I did my mock interview for the Masters of Real Estate Development program at Clemson. This is definitely an option for after college because it is a subject that greatly interests me, and I would love to be a tiger for as long as possible. I was really confident going into my mock interview. I think this was because I knew it wasnt real so it was easier for me to relax. I thought that my answers were pretty good, but I did tend to spout out just whatever came to the top of my head. Being put on the spot, does seem to induce some "word vomit", but I don't think that was too much of a problem. I think this is a common problem among people being intereviewed.

I recieved some good feedback that I will remember for future interviews. For example, I learned to really show that I've done my research on the program/job by mentioning specifics that truly interest me. I also realized how I could take my seemingly unrelated job experiences and actually relate them to how I might handle situations and tasks on the job. I thought this was a helpful experience, and I hope to take what I have learned from this mock interview and use it to increase my confidence in future interviews.

No comments: