Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ten Years from Now

Ten years from now, I will be about 30. Wow. It's hard to imagine what it will be like to not be a kid anymore. By then, I will have graduated from Clemson University and be working in my chosen profession. Now what is my chosen profession? Ha, that's a question I've been asking myself for years. For now, there are two options in the forefront of my mind. The first option is to follow my major and work as a financial planner either for a large company or individual clients. The second option would be something in the field of real estate. Real estate has always interested me and I wanted to be an architect when I was younger. I realized that I no longer wanted to be an architect when I found out how much work was involved in college. I knew I did not want a major that would consume so much of my time.

I would like to do something to do with real estate whether it be development or sales. I am considering a Master's program at Clemson in Real Estate Development if I can swing the finances and all else falls into place. The only problem with this plan is that I am sooooo sick of school.

Other than my career, I hope to be married before age 30. Because I am in a serious relationship right now, much of the big decisions coming up in my life depend on where he goes because he is older than me. However, he is in complete support of me doing whatever I want, and he does not want to hold me back.

Because we better be married by then, I hope to have had at least one kid with the intention of having more. As an only child, I feel that it is my life duty to ensure that my first child has a sibling so that family reunions can be bigger and that no child of mine will be spoiled.

For fun, I would like to have a small circle of girlfriends as well as a group of friends shared by my husband and me. Hopefully, we'll be close enough to Clemson to attend a few football games and maybe a baseball game or two. I would like to be active in a church as well as serving my community through volunteer work.

I think I've covered all the bases. Oh, and 20 years from now, I would like to drive a minivan and be a soccer mom.

No comments: